What do I need to pack for a festival?
This is one of the most common questions I get asked by everyone thinking of going to a festival. Although what I take differs from festival to festival, for the most part, it remains the same. Here is my comprehensive Festival Packing List of everything you might need for your next festival so that you are ready to hit the festival fields this summer.
Are you off to Bournemouth Sevens, Glastonbury, Tomorrowland, Wilderness, Love Saves the Day, Hogsozzle, Neverworld or any other festival this year for that matter? Yes… then think of this like your ‘go-to packing bible’. Of course, you might not need everything that’s on my list, but I hope it gives you a good idea of what to take…
- Festival ticket/Wristband
- Mobile Phone (Fully Charged)
- Your printable festival packing list
- Mallet – This is needed if the ground is super hard! I have bent so many cheap tent pegs trying to push them in with the underside of a welly!
- Camping chair – I never do a festival without one! Sitting off the soggy ground when you pre-drinking, doing your makeup or eating is bliss.
- Picnic Rug – Great to sit on in the campsite or fold up and put in a backpack for when in you’re in the arena.
- Gas cooker (Check each festival website for restrictions on bringing gas cookers)
- Reusable water bottle
- Sleeping mat – This could be inflatable or even as simple as a thick yoga mat.
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow – I use a little pillow I have ‘eternally borrowed’ from an aeroplane.
- Bin liners – You have no idea how useful these are! Dirty clothes, wet shoes or even as an emergency groundsheet!
Clothes and Shoes
- Wellies/Walking Boots
- Flip Flops
- Welly Warmers/ Thick welly socks
- Light jacket – I take a denim jacket for the evenings as it can get chilly.
- Waterproof coat
- Fancy Dress
- Accessories – Flower Crown
- Swimsuit – Sounds odd but great if the showers are communal or if it’s hot!
Top Tip – Always have a set of clothes that you NEVER wear outside the tent. That way if all your clothes get wet or muddy you always have something warm and dry to sleep in!
Electricals and Festival Gadgets
- Battery Pack (or two) – These are incredible! Just don’t forget to charge it before you go.
- Charging leads
- Portable Speaker
- Torch – I have a wind-up one which doesn’t require batteries!
- A mirror – This is something most people forget! I have a Magic Mirror which is NOT made from Glass & is foldable.
- Toilet roll
- Wet wipes
- Dry shampoo
- Shampoo and Conditioner – Most festivals do have hot showers
- Shower Gel
- Glitter – Make sure it’s biodegradable to be as eco-friendly as possible!
- Vaseline and Q-Tips – Used to apply glitter (See my festival makeup guide for how to apply your face gems and glitter)
- Aftersun/Alovera just in case you get a little too much sun!
- Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser
Food and Drink
- Alcohol – Check each festivals regulations about bringing your own alcohol and do not bring anything in glass!
- Soft drinks – I would suggest cans as bottles will go flat very quickly
- Energy / Protein Balls
- Granola Bars
- Fruit – Apples, Grapes, Satsumas and Bananas
- Pre-made Salad – I hate eating rubbish at a festival, but even those that aren’t super healthy eaters, trust me, you will crave some goodness after all the drinking and junk food.
- Porridge – I take the ones in little pots that all I need to do is add hot water!
- Long Life Milk or Oatly / Milk Powder
- Instant Coffee
- Ear Plugs
- Eye mask
- Light-weight backpack/bumbag/Over shoulder bag
- Belts and jewellery (nothing too valuable!)
- Flower crown ( It is a festival after all)
So there you go. A full list of everything I am likely to take to a festival. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and to use the #ThatFestivalBlogger so that I can see you at your next festival – I really do love to see all your outfits and adventures!