What do I need to take to a festival?
This is one of the most common questions I get asked by everyone thinking of going to a festival. Although what I take differs from festival to festival, for the most part, it remains the same. Here is my comprehensive list of what to pack for a festival so that you are ready to hit the festival fields this summer.
Are you off to Bournemouth Sevens, Love Saves the Day or Hogsozzle in a couple of weeks? As I am off to Hogsozzle for the bank holiday weekend, I thought my packing list would be a great idea to share with you all! Of course, you might not need everything that’s on my list, but I hope it gives you a good idea of what things to take…
- Festival ticket/Wristband
- Mobile Phone (Fully Charged)
- Your festival packing list
- Mallet – This is needed if the ground is super hard! I have bent so many cheap tent pegs trying to push them in with the underside of a welly!
- Camping chair – I never do a festival without one! Sitting off the soggy ground when you pre-drinking, doing your makeup or eating is bliss.
- Picnic Rug – Great to sit on in the campsite or fold up and put in a backpack for when in you’re in the arena.
- Gas cooker (Check each festival website for restrictions on bringing gas cookers)
- Re-usable water bottle
- Sleeping mat – This could be inflatable or even as simple as a thick yoga mat.
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow – I use a little pillow I have ‘eternally borrowed’ from an aeroplane.
- Bin liners – You have no idea how useful these are! Dirty clothes, wet shoes or even as an emergency groundsheet!
Clothes and Shoes
- Wellies/Walking Boots
- Flip Flops
- Welly Warmers/ Thick welly socks
- Light jacket – I take a denim jacket for the evenings as it can get chilly.
- Waterproof coat
- Fancy Dress
- Swimsuit – Sounds odd but great if the showers are communal or if it’s hot!
Top Tip – Always have a set of clothes that you NEVER wear outside the tent. That way if all your clothes get wet or muddy you always have something warm and dry to sleep in!
- Battery Pack – These are incredible! Just don’t forget to charge it before you go.
- Charging leads
- Torch – I have a wind-up one which doesn’t require batteries!
- A mirror – This is something most people forget!
- Toilet roll
- Wet wipes
- Dry shampoo
- Shampoo and Conditioner – Most festivals do have hot showers
- Shower Gel
- Glitter – Use my code ‘TFB50’ with Kiss & Glitter for 50% Discount at checkout!
- Vaseline and Q-Tips – Used to apply glitter (See my festival makeup guide for how to apply your face gems and glitter)
- Aftersun/Alovera just in case you get a little too much sun!
- Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser
Food and Drink
- Alcohol – Check each festivals regulations about bringing your own alcohol and do not bring anything in glass!
- Soft drinks – I would suggest cans as bottles will go flat very quickly
- Energy Balls
- Granola Bars
- Fruit – Apples, Satsumas and Bananas
- Pre-made Salad – I hate eating rubbish at a festival, but even those that aren’t super healthy eaters, trust me, you will crave some goodness after all the drinking and junk food.
- Porridge – I take the ones in little pots that all I need to do is add hot water!
- Tea bags
- Long Life Milk/ Milk Powder
- Instant Coffee
- Ear Plugs
- Eye mask
- Light-weight backpack/bumbag/Over shoulder bag
- Belts and jewellery (nothing too valuable!)
- Flower crown ( It is a festival after all)
So there you go. A full list of everything I am likely to take to a festival. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and to use the #ThatFestivalBlogger so that I can see you at your next festival – I really do love to see all your outfits and adventures!